Creating a sustainable legacy
PLA2020 will address how communities can benefit from high-performance facilities, events and spaces long after they've occurred or been built. Using the success of the Sydney Olympic Park (SOP), home of the 2000 Olympics and Paralympics and one of Australia's largest urban renewal projects and a model of international good practice, this year's theme will look at the social, environmental and economic benefits of good multi use planning and design and the legacy we leave on our communities.
We invite leaders from across the globe to share their experience in legacy planning, renewal and development and share your projects and initiatives with our members and the industry. Submissions will open soon for presentations, workshops and panel discussions.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
All proposals must be submitted online. If you experience difficulties and require assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A short abstract (up to 150 words) is to be provided when submitting (please use full sentences). You are also required to provide a minimum of three learning objectives (please use dot points).
Should your submission be accepted, this abstract including the learning objectives will be published as submitted. Please proof read your abstract prior to submission.
A brief biography of approximately 100 words is to be provided when submitting your abstract. Biographies should be written in the third person. Should your proposal be accepted, your biography will be published online and will be used when introducing you as a presenter at the conference. To edit your biography at any stage please contact: email@example.com
- Alignment with the conference theme
- Relevance to the nominated stream
- Demonstration of innovative idea/s and emerging trends
- Clear learning outcomes provided
- The author has ensured their presentation (workshop/oral presentation/panel/poster presentation) is engaging for the audience. They have incorporated discussion time and/or a chance for participants to share their experiences.
- All requested information has been supplied
All presenters must register online. Presenters are entitled to the full early bird registration price of $1430 (ex GST).
- Entry to all sessions (Monday - Tuesday)
- A ticket to the Welcome Reception
- A ticket to Happy Hour drinks
- A ticket to the Awards of Excellence Gala Dinner
- Access to the trade exhibition
Presenters who wish to register for their nominated day only may do so at the $825 (ex GST) day registration cost.
- Entry to the sessions on nominated day (Monday - Tuesday)
- A ticket to Happy Hour drinks (Monday only)
- Access to the trade exhibition
CANCELLATIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
Please avoid late cancellations or substitutions as marketing material with your name and organisation may be pre-printed and cannot be removed at a later date. If you do need to cancel or substitute speakers, please inform the Conference Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible. Please refer to the Conference Cancellation Policy in relation to refunds and the cancellation process.
Please note the invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs.